Shocking Blue - At Home

July 07, 2007


I haven't been into much new music lately, but older music I should have known about forever. Shocking Blue is one of those bands. I sort of knew about them already, after hearing a non-Banarama version of "Venus" I discovered it was by Shocking Blue. Then, again, after hearing a non-Nirvana version of "Love Buzz" I discovered it was by them as well. Finally, an unnamed friend who I discover a lot of my music through (now you see why he's unnamed... if I told you his name, you wouldn't need me! the horror!) played this amazing sorta-garage rock, sorta-psych, sorta-bluesy album, and right as I was about to ask him what it was, "Venus" came on. I realized instantly that Shocking Blue was awesome. Sort of like Jefferson Airplane, but more focused, I would say, and more awesome.

0 comments: to “ Shocking Blue - At Home

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */