Mareva Galanter - Bang Bang (single)

July 07, 2007


The gates are open. I posted one single, and already here comes another...

While I managed to get the album this was on (Ukeyeye, "reinterpretations" of older songs, distantly involving a ukelele, I think), I found most of the other songs disappointing, and none remotely reached the peak of the awesome mountain on which this song resides. I hold by my convictions that the original song which this covers was completely awesome well before Kill Bill. Yet, as awesome as the original was, this is hands-down my favorite version. Slow, sultry, spooky, sparse (and in French!).... how could it not be awesome? Also, it helps that it has an equally stark music video that I think convincingly looks to be from the 60s.

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */