Durrty Goodz - Axiom

July 07, 2007


I'm mostly recommending this grime EP based on 2 songs: "Keep Up" and "Axiom". "Keep Up" has this real nice thing where it works the tension from pauses into the song. Not a lot, mind you, just a few times. When added to the weird up-and-down of both the music and the lyrics, its almost makes me think of a grime version of Busta Rhymes' "Gimmee Some More"...

"Axiom" is an even faster song than "Keep Up," and that's part of the appeal. Weird beats that speed up and slow down, all while Durrty keeps pace, to weird effect. This is my pump-up song for when I've listened to Lips 2 Da Floor too many times. Actually, now that I'm listening to it again, this one might actually be more like that Busta Rhymes song. Whatever.

(BONUS! "Axiom" is available for download! For now, at least.)

0 comments: to “ Durrty Goodz - Axiom

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */