Sneeze, Dracula, Sneeze!

April 30, 2009

A few weeks ago, I subscribed to Schott's Vocab, self-described as "A Miscellany Of Modern Words & Phrases," because I like miscellanies and words and phrases. However, I haven't been reading as much as I had planned, because it turns out that a lot of the phrases highlighted don't sound all that interesting. But one of the latest posts mentioned a phrase that I had to know more about: Dracula sneeze.

You could just go read the post right, but I'm going to make an already short post shorter: a Dracula sneeze is sneezing into the crook of one's elbow, to avoid spreading swine flu. And for some reason, I love the phrase.

Thus concludes my first post about swine flu. Someone got the song reference in this post's title, right? The (attempted) wit of the title was at least half the reason I wrote this post.

2 comments: to “ Sneeze, Dracula, Sneeze!

  • Constantine
    May 1, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

    I do thank you for this post. The image conjured by the term dracula sneeze has had me giggling for a few minutes now...I keep recreating it and laughing.

    And I like Rocket from the Crypt too..

    ps - my captcha word is 'subterda'

  • joem
    May 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

    Rocket from the Crypt? Nope. Same source of inspiration as they had, though.

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */