I'm so embarrassed

April 16, 2009

How is it that I had never heard Safari by The Breeders until today, when the (awesome) video was featured on Save Vs. Death??




This single song destroyed my productivity today.

I listened to it over and over, not focusing on anything else, just the song. And I searched down as much related awesomeness as I could find. My whole day was spend on Youtube and Mediafire. (AND my many crushes on early-90s Boston-area female musicians were all totally renewed... Kim Deal, Juliana Hatfield, Tanya Donelly, Kristin Hersh....)

Somehow, while I was rocking out to all that 90s alt-rock, I started looking for representations of computer user interfaces in the movies. And that kept me busy for the part of my day that wasn't spend listening and re-listening to The Breeders. The standout finds on my quest:

So, although I managed to put off finding employment for yet another day, I regret nothing. (Just look at that War Games pic!)

1 comments: to “ I'm so embarrassed

  • Constantine
    April 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

    Oh Joe,
    I am about 8 months into my renewed love affair with the sisters Deal. I am trying to track down some of the more obscure Amps records that Kim was doing while Kelly was in rehab. I saw them last fall in DC (I was working the night that they played in NYC) and I still think that "Cannonball" was perhaps the loudest song that I have ever heard live. Have you listened much to their new record? It grows on you like the recognition of a mortal coil.

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */