Today, we celebrate!

June 16, 2009

Instead of writing about my new half-guilty pleasure ("half" because I have a hard time objectively evaluating shows with so much sex in them, and I think this one might actually be really good, even ignoring all the sex) TV show (Californication, starring David Duchovny [swoon!] and Natascha McElhone [triple swoon!]), I'd like to talk about something serious (and with less parenthetical expressions).

I never thought I'd learn something I didn't already know about Star Trek from Buzzfeed, but apparently I was not aware of Captain Picard Day. That day is observed today, on June 16th, because I guess that's what Stardate 47457.1 translates to. To see what it's about, let's let Riker, Troi, and the good Captain himself discuss it:

(You can see some other celebratory clips - like The Picard Song - over on Buzzfeed's page about this day.)

Because I would feel really bad if this post were solely reposted Buzzfeed material, I found some decent Star Trek videos that neither I nor Lin Swimmer have yet posted.

So, here's a video glorifying Data's action-adventure capabilities...




And here I've saved the best for last. I dedicate this next video to EVERY SINGLE RYAN THAT I KNOW:

0 comments: to “ Today, we celebrate!

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */