I've been doing it wrong

May 09, 2009

All these times that I've needed to pre-game, so I just mix a bit of all the almost-empty bottles on top of our fridge together, I've been mistaken. For an easy (even in this recession) $2.50, my favorite of the millions of bodegas within a 2 block radius of me has 40oz High Lifes. This is a much much better option, even if I do have to deal with the wino who holds the door open for me, the aggressive corner guy (who assumes I'm a rich white kid who doesn't live around here) who starts calling me racial slurs while mockingly pretending to be my friend, and the rich white hipster kid (with the unfairly hot girlfriend!) who does not (in fact) live around here who tries to be my friend so the previously mentioned fellows don't bother him.


Fuck it. I'm drinking the Champagne of Beers. I'm going to see Star Trek. I'm using italics.

Yeah, fuck it.

3 comments: to “ I've been doing it wrong

  • Dan Gr
    May 10, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

    Now, I'm not gloating or nothing, but the world's best beers cost at the most 75 cents here (at the grocery store) plus 8 cents deposit. If I go to a kiosk it's 1.50. Half liter bottles. You need to move on over to Munich, dude.

  • Anonymous
    May 10, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

    Did you see it yet?! I must have confirmation of its suckitude.

  • joem
    May 11, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

    I was really hoping you were wrong (especially since the other 3 or 4 people I know who saw it said it was awesome), but, alas, Lin, you were not wrong. It just wasn't made for Trek fans. I read a good post on gedblog that basically sums up how I felt. Unlike that post's author, though, I loved the Kobayashi Maru scene. Also, in retrospect, I wish the whole thing had been renamed and rewritten to be "Scotty! (a comedy)."

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */