Joe Meets Dubstep

August 09, 2009

OK, so I've actually known of it for quite a while. (Hell, it was my job at one point to know about it.) But sooooo much of it is sooooooo bland. And that's before you take into account all the lame shit that someone made just because they wanted to jump on the bandwagon. So, for the most part, I've avoided it, except for some random outlier sort-of-dubstep/sort-of-not stuff that's walked right in front of me.


But recently I've had a change of heart. And it's all because of one blog post on Salacious Sound: 3 Dubstep Tracks That Give Me Goosebumps. Not sure how I found it, but that title grabbed me... That's what I need: a small collection of some truly awesome tracks. And that is indeed what they are. If you're at all curious, GO THERE NOW and GET THOSE TRACKS.

That day, I read many other posts on Salacious Sounds, only to learn that it was not actually an "awesome dubstep" blog. Instead, it's a Toronto-centric blog about dance music. But there were a couple other posts with good dubstep-y tracks: Rusko Roots Reggae and Recommended by Jayho. If you're feeling this, then you need to go get those tracks, too.

(Pay attention to this Rusko guy, btw. I know he's already pretty big, but damn... his stuff is usually soooooo damn good.)

Anyways, I got so swept away with this sudden group of actually good dubstep tracks that I went and made a whole radio show (mp3 download on that page) based on them. I probably played everything I just linked to, and then a whole lot more Rusko. But, you see, I mixed them together, a little bit, at least. Like a real DJ. So perhaps you should forgo all the Salacious Sounds links and just check this one out, instead.

Finally, if you know of any other dubstep I should check out, let me know. I need more.

0 comments: to “ Joe Meets Dubstep

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */