Dusty Springfield - If You Go Away

November 10, 2007

Practically every version of this song is quite awesome, especially when its by the composer Jacques Brel himself, but this is my favorite, hands down. I don't know why. As I said in an earlier post, this song is at the top of my songs-I-wouldn't-mind-having-soundtrack-my-death-scene list (I blame HatChris for me having such a list, btw). I can even picture the scene: I'm laying on the ground, after having been violently shot or stabbed (no doubt I was trying to prevent some great tragedy... like Lincoln's assasination... or a lover's abduction), still and lifeless, in a puddle of my own blood. The camera is directly above, centered on my face, close up, spinning very slowly, and zooming out to reveal the whole scene, blood and bodies and shell casings and knives. Then on the "But if you stay..." bits, the camera swoops in for a close up on one of my eyes. On the next "If you go away..." bit, the camera does the slowly spinning and zooming out thing again. Repeat until song is done, then fade to white, or perhaps to a scene of a river. (Or something like that, at least. My cinematagraphic skills aren't the best.)

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */