Wire - 23 Years Too Late

December 31, 2007


This is my best-of-2007 list. I hate best of lists. My list only has one item:

Wire's "23 Years Too Late" (off the EP Read & Burn 03) is not just the best song of 2007, it's the best anything of 2007. Very little this year has brought me as much pleasure as this song. I love love love when a band that started before I was born can still make amazing music. The ominous, bass-y spoken word makes this song almost like a post-punk version of Thriller. Now that I think about it, that's a fairly apt comparison.

(FYI: The rest of the EP is alright, but this one song makes the purchase more than worth it. I hardly ever get to the other songs on the CD because I keep listening to this one over and over and over.)

5 comments: to “ Wire - 23 Years Too Late

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */