v/a - 8 Bit Operators

March 01, 2007


When I first saw the title, I thought to myself "oh great... more '8 bit' electronic music crap" but then I listened to the album. They're covering Kraftwerk songs! And they're doing it (arguably) better than Kraftwerk! Awesome! If you are like me and have ever been a little disappointed by the blandness of some of Kraftwerks bigger hits, this is just what you need. If only this was what the original songs sounded like....
[By the way, I just learned that early early Kraftwerk albums are amazingly rocking and awesome! Their first album, Kraftwerk 1 (or just Kraftwerk) sounds like a lost Can or NEU! album. All krautrock psych droningness.... ah! And it makes some sense, since one of the NEU! guys was in Kraftwerk at this stage in their career. But check it out. Its so completely different than "We Are The Robots" and "Autobahn" style Kraftwerk.]

0 comments: to “ v/a - 8 Bit Operators

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */