Peter, Bjorn & John - Writer's Block

February 01, 2007


I really didn't want to post about a Pitchfork favorite, but, the truth is that it is really good. I keep finding myself listening to it more and more lately. And it truly is a very unique sounding album. Often, you can pick out the influences, and yet what is being produced sounds nothing like the influences at all. I think the two most dominant influences are post-punk and Swedish indie-pop. And what is made sounds like both and neither at the same time. Damn. Please forgive me, but I have to say (for the first time ever) that this album is "a breath of fresh air" in the indie world. Due to legal issues, the only thing further that I'm allowed to say is: I really like this album.

3 comments: to “ Peter, Bjorn & John - Writer's Block

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */