The Melvins - A Senile Animal

February 01, 2007


Another work where words like "epic" and "tension" can be applied. But this one can also use the word "metal"..... It's the Melvins! A band so many people have told me so much about, and yet I sort of always hated them. Then one day, I heard a slow, heavy, instrumental piece of theirs (I forget what album it was off of) and I realized "Hey! Nice!" I listened to a bunch of their albums, and liked parts/bulks of some of them, but never a whole entire album (except maybe Houdini)..... then they released this album. This album is amazing! It's got so much heaviness, but also slow bits, and almost poppier bits, too. Shit. It's great. I would say that this album ranks up there with Boris' Akuma No Uta for most cohessive use of lots of different musical styles. (a side note: Boris is named after a Melvins song, and heavily influenced by them as well.)

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */