Fleeting Desires, Narrow Escape

September 13, 2009

5 seconds ago, I almost deleted this whole blog. On purpose.

Then I didn't.

However, I still want to. I think.

What will the future hold?

...

On second (or maybe fourth) thought, fuck it. No deletion. This blog is still for people who know me well, or those who stumble across it and enjoy it. I briefly flirted with the idea that I wanted to have a nice and respectable and well-manicured blog that I could refer to in sentences like "Hey, you should check out my blog!" or "Oh? I just made a blog post about that. Go check it out!" But I don't actually want to say those sentences. So I think I'm OK.


This pointless post is now complete.

3 comments: to “ Fleeting Desires, Narrow Escape

  • Anonymous
    September 13, 2009 at 2:58 AM  

    Personally, I don't know what would have to occupy a blog in order to recommend it, never mind protecting it from voluntary oblivion.

    I do know that telling someone you have a blog is like asking someone to study the texture of your scrotal skin; somehow never not mortifying.

    Why chop it? Don't you normally just rename, reboot, and allow the old to fall fallow?

  • Greg K.
    September 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

    Please don't delete your blog, Joe. FlyingPawn has 10 posts since November 2006. If you delete your blog for underachieving, how can I have any hope for mine?

  • joem
    September 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

    No worries, gentlemen. I suppose I was merely in a weird mood last night. Proof: I had a big elaborate Kafka-esque dream where some secret gov't organization was keeping me from leaving a small town, and it seemed like everyone in the town was in on it, but no one at all would admit it. My dream ended (and I awoke) when I decided my situation was entirely hopeless and I collapsed on the ground sobbing.

    But then after that, I think I dreamt of cupcakes.

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */