Unsurprisingly, Sweden surprises me again

March 27, 2008

As I was telling Amanda...
The latest infinite-repeat song that I've come across is by a band called Ubangi. And this is the song... The Little Cat And The Dirty Dog:

I dare you to try to tell me that this isn't your new favorite song.

There's a zany music video for the song as well, but I like the live version above better, I think. And, fortunately, there are more fun Ubangi videos on youtube, like Dance With Me Gino, Naked In The World, and the wonderfully-titled Where Have All The Good Sperms Gone.

All the while, I was thinking that maybe I've seen this (cute!) singer somewhere before... Lo and behold, Ubangi was fronted by a woman that Beavis And Butthead had first introduced me to, with this song:

Yes, Cia Berg/Soro of Whale. So great! More proof, see/hear this live video for Four Big Speakers.

And now, a plea:

So, right now, I need your help. Are you Swedish? Or do you have old Swedish pop from the 80s? Or are you a Cia Berg fanatic? I NEED to get my hands on Ubangi releases, without paying the huge amounts of money I've found Ubangi stuff for online. Please help me!

/* Google Analytics ----------------------------------------------- */